As technology evolves, implementing a Managed Print Service strategy to deploy print and workflow solutions is more essential than ever. By leveraging managed print services, organisations can expect improved productivity and a dramatic reduction in document production and costs.
What is Managed Print Service?
Managed Print Services (MPS) are services offered by an external provider to manage an organisation’s printing requirements. MPS include the management of a company’s print devices such as printers, scanners and copiers as well as software implementation and workflow management to lower document spend and increase productivity.
Managed Print Services Benefits
While cost reduction is the main priority for almost every organisation, managed print services offer many additional benefits such as improved information security, increasing productivity and reducing your environmental footprint.
1. Cost Savings
A proper Managed Print Services Strategy can result in an immediate cost reduction of around 30% by:
- Moving to digital workflows and reducing the need for paper documents.
- Gaining savings on printing supplies, consumables and maintenance.
- Consolidating printing and multifunction devices.
2. Increase Productivity
Konica Minolta’s Managed Print Services features powerful reporting capabilities that give you new insight into the trends and usage patterns in your printing environment.
A study by global research and advisory company Gartner estimates that 50% of all help desk calls are printer related.
Implementing a Managed Print Service Strategy will reduce the amount of time spent by employees on print-related tasks and increase productivity in your organisation by:
- Assessing printing-related bottlenecks within a department and implementing tailored workflow strategies.
- Reducing time spent on troubleshooting, device malfunctions and cartridge replacements.
- Monitor devices low on toner or requiring technical assistance at a glance
- Analyse trends and patterns to identify opportunities for better efficiency
- Make informed decisions regarding your print infrastructure
3. Improve Information Security
Implementing a tailored print security plan in today’s business world is more crucial than ever. An uncollected print or unsecured document can result in a data breach exposing sensitive information about your employees, clients and financials.
A Managed Print Service Strategy will help your organisation improve its information security by:
- Implementing sign-in procedures to eliminate stolen documents from output trays.
- Installing printer hard drives with automatic data wiping functionalities.
- Implementing document management and waste disposal strategies.
- Installing network security solutions to reduce the risk of an online attack.
4. Environment Friendly
By leveraging Managed Print Services, organisations can reduce their footprint on the environment without impacting their bottom line. A well-structured MPS program will help you monitor and track print workflows to reduce wasteful printing. Moving to digital workflows will also reduce the need for paper documents and toner cartridges.
How We Can Help Manage Your Printing Requirements
To implement an effective print strategy, we first need to have a comprehensive understanding of your printing requirements. There is no “one size fits all” solution when it comes to managing printing requirements. Konica Minolta Office Solutions will conduct an in-depth assessment that identifies your needs and implement a strategy that enables our clients to increase productivity, use the latest print technology and implement industry best practice standards.
Konica Minolta Office Solution becomes your (SME) subject matter expert and takes responsibility for the solution as a Technology Partner, which includes on-site management, technical and software support.